Supporting Our Veterans
As a military family, we are equally passionate about Veterans and disabled Veterans in particular. That said, we offer for sale an electronic 'toolkit' ($7.99) in our Web Store. It has been designed to help employers and their established staff (all of us with jobs) better support the integration of disabled Veterans into the workplace.
BEATs will donate 10% of the proceeds to - local charities supporting veterans. We became disheartened by the comment made by DVNF's Director, that donations have fallen by the way side. As this is an e-tool, there is no shipping involved. Once you've completed the secure PayPal or Google Checkout payment method, the E-'Toolkit' will be emailed to the address provided at checkout.
Thank you for supporting this very important cause.
EXCERPT FROM (pg. 10) E-'Toolkit' in Web Store
Creating the Right Work Culture
- Avoid buying in to the stereotypes
- Develop a Work Training Program
- See work training as precursor to paid work
- Offering Work Training to people with disabilities also helps to create a diverse
- Work in partnership with community Colleges and One Stop Career Centers
- The Department of Labor offers various financial incentives to employers who employ people with disabilities – http://www.doleta.gov/business/incentives/opptax/
- Apprenticeships with accreditation are the way forward
- Job Carving frees established staff to be more productive – see model provided pages 16 - 17
- People with disabilities represent a motivated yet under-tapped workforce yet unemployment for men and women (ages 16 to 64) reached 16.2% and 14.8% respectively in 2010